For almost 200 years AACo has been passionately perfecting and crafting the magic of Australia; and we want you to be a part of the journey we’re on.
At AACo we don’t want you to just have a job with us, but a career. We offer sensational training and developmental opportunities for all of our people, and genuinely believe in helping our people thrive and grow both professionally and personally, in a Company that values it’s people, their safety, and the land!
- Responsible for water maintenance across designated areas of the station
- Observation and maintenance of watering points
- Travelling between water points in a 4WD vehicle
- Maintenance of 4WD vehicle, small diesel pumps and spare parts
- Maintenance of Mono pump systems, solar pumps
- At each water source (bore) check and maintain the following: turkey nest or tank level, turkey nest or tank fences, troughs and motors.
- Reporting any issues back to the Station Manager
- Keep records in writing of: bores checked, level of water at each turkey next, number of cattle at
- each trough, maintenance on fences, troughs and motors
- Assisting elsewhere on the property if required
- Perform your job in a safe manner in line with AACo safety programs and procedures
- This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments.
Benefits and perks
- Accommodation and food included
- Active social club and communal lounge
- Onsite air-conditioned gym
Life on station – what can I expect?
Annual Brunette races
Camp drafts, rodeos and charity events
Annual football match
King Ash Bay hosts some of the best fishing the NT can provide only a 5 hour drive north from the station
Brunette owns two fishing boats for use by all staff on booking and one ski boat for the water hole that is a two minute walk from the homestead.
- This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 10–20 kilo’s and occasionally more.
- This job will require the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, including hats, gloves, safety glasses, covered shoes, and respiratory protection and ear protection as appropriate.
- This job requires the ability to comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules
Company Compliance Responsibilities
- Work in a safe and healthy manner in accordance with the AAco Workplace Health and Safety Policy and
- all relevant State and Federal legislation.
- Attend and apply all required safety training.
- Follow all instructions given for working safely.
- Identify and report all hazards, incidents and injuries immediately to the manager.
- Report for work in a safe manner, unaffected by drugs and/or alcohol.
- Protect own safety and health and not adversely affect the safety and health of others.
- At all times Wear safety equipment provided for the job task.
- Do not misuse or tamper with the safe use of equipment.
- Follow risk management strategies developed by AAco for child protection and intervention
- Help maintain the safety, welfare and well-being of children on the station or feedlot while they
- are participating in activities of which you are a part.
- Do not knowingly participate in any illegal or unethical activity and abide with all company
- Current manual drivers licence
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred but not essential as on the job training will be carried out
- Ability to co-ordinate a daily and weekly work schedule
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Integrity – Open and ethical in all we do. Trust. Behaviour is consistent with words.
- Results focus – improving performance by doing things in the pursuit of “Best in Class”
- Concern for Quality – Maintaining superior standards or striving to make improvements
- Teamwork and co-operation – Work co-operatively with others. Create and support a team environment