The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
Brunette Downs is situated 350km north east of the nearest town, Tennant Creek. Mount Isa, Queensland, is 660km south east of Brunette Downs and is the Station’s main service town. The property comprises of mostly open downs country and is involved in the breeding and backgrounding of the companies Australian Composite.
Duties & responsibilities
As a key member of the crew your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for water maintenance across designated areas of the station
- Observation and maintenance of watering points
- Travelling between water points in a 4WD vehicle
- 4WD vehicle and tools provided for daily work duties
- Maintenance of 4WD vehicle, small diesel pumps and spare parts
- Maintenance of Mono pump systems, solar pumps
- At each water source (bore) check and maintain the following: turkey nest or tank level, turkey nest or tank fences, troughs and motors.
- Reporting any issues back to the Operations Manager and Bore Mechanic
- Keep records in writing of: bores checked, level of water at each turkey next, number of cattle at each trough, maintenance on fences, troughs and motors
- Assisting elsewhere on the property if required
- Perform your job in a safe manner in line with AACo safety programs and procedures
- Current manual drivers license
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred but not essential as on the job training will be carried out.
- Ability to co-ordinate a daily and weekly work schedule
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
Benefits and perks
- Accommodation and food included
- Active social club and communal lounge
- Onsite air-conditioned gym
Life on station – what can I expect?
- Annual Brunette races
- Camp drafts, rodeos and charity events
- Annual football match
- King Ash Bay hosts some of the best fishing the NT can provide only a 5 hour drive north from the station
- Brunette owns two fishing boats for use by all staff on booking and one ski boat for the water hole that is a two minute walk from the homestead.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click on ‘Apply Now’!