About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Bore Runner/Mechanic to join our operations at Naryilco Station, Queensland.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the country’s largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, “happy healthy cattle are the best cattle”. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the property
Naryilco Station is situated in the Channel Country of South West Queensland. Covering 7,510km2, the station has an average carrying capacity of 12,000 head of primarily Santa Gertrudis cattle. We grain feed many of our Santa Gertrudis, the product is excellent, one we can be proud of. The station has a friendly, supportive and dedicated team of approximately ten staff who conduct a wide variety of tasks that ensures the smooth running of the station.
About the role
Reporting to the Station Manager, your key duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Carrying out Bore runs to check Station watering points and maintain water facilities and pipelines
- Servicing, maintaining and repairing solar pumps, mono pumps with Kubota motors and submersible pumps with small generators
- Trough & fencing repairs
- General vehicle and workshop maintenance
- Training will also be provided.
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Sound mechanical knowledge of motors and pumps
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to comprehend operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and procedures
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace
- Hold a current Class C Drivers Licence (Heavy Vehicle licence an advantage, or be willing to obtain)
- A genuine passion for Agriculture.
What we offer you
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team and community environment.
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
To apply for this special job experience, please email your current resume with referees to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting HT-NAR-BR-2021
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.