The Australian Agricultural Company (AACo) is a world leading provider of beef and agricultural products, owning and operating cattle stations, feedlots and farms across QLD and NT. We export premium quality Australian beef to more than 20 countries and we are currently entering a phase of significant growth and opportunity.
We are looking for
We are looking to share the Australian experience with employees from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of skills, talents and aspirations, and a strong work ethic to join us as a Bore Runner.
South Galway is located in the heart of Channel Country, 400km southwest of Longreach or 1,300km North West of Brisbane by road. Situated on Coopers Creek, it is a part of what is regarded as some of the best natural fattening country in the world. The property is a growing out station, backgrounding cattle for AACo’s beef brands.
Duties & responsibilities
As our Bore Runner, your top priority will be keeping the supply of water up to our cattle, checking and cleaning troughs and maintaining solar pump systems. Day to day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for water maintenance across designated areas of the station
- Observation and maintenance of watering points
- Travelling between water points in a 4WD vehicle
- Maintenance of 4WD vehicle, small diesel/petrol pumps and spare parts
- Maintenance of solar pump systems
- At each water source (bore) check and maintaining the following: turkey nests, dams, tanks and trough levels and maintain water enclosure fencing.
- Reporting any issues back to the Station Manager
- Keep records in writing of: bores checked, level of water at each watering point, number of cattle at each trough, lick levels and maintenance carried out
- Assisting elsewhere on the property if required
- Perform your job in a safe manner in line with AACo safety programs and procedures
- This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments.
- Current manual drivers licence
- Ability and willingness to use tablets for data tracking and scheduling purposes
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred but not essential
- Ability to co-ordinate a daily and weekly work schedule
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
Life on station – what can I expect
- Collaborative team environment
- Air-conditioned accommodation and board provided
- Competitive remuneration
- Development, training and transfer opportunities
To apply to this position please email your application to email@example.com