We are Consolidated Pastoral Company (CPC) an Australian based beef producer which owns and operates a portfolio of cattle stations across Northern Australia.
We are looking for people to join CPC with a proactive, positive and can-do attitude and contribute to an industry that’s the cornerstone of our country’s economy. And you’d be having a pretty good time doing it, too. CPC hires staff from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of knowledge, skills and abilities.
You will embrace the chance to learn and grow with CPC with your key duties and tasks:
- Observation and maintenance of all station watering points (including troughs, dams, turkey nests, tanks and pipelines)
- Recording water levels and maintenance from bore run and communicating with station management and head stockperson for livestock requirements
- Travelling between watering points in 4WD motor vehicle (utility)
- Maintenance of mono pump systems (servicing, oils, belts and fuel)
- Solar bore pump systems maintenance (servicing and cleaning)
- Maintaining and recording from remote monitoring water sensors
- Maintain a spare parts inventory for troughs, tanks and pipelines
- Fencing maintenance around station watering points
What you will need
- A genuine interest in working and living on a remote cattle station
- Unrestricted current drivers licence (manual)
- Observation and communication skills
- Confident with small motors and/or mechanical experience (desirable)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Handypersons or those with some mechanical experience wanting to experience life in the outback are welcome to apply for this role as training will be offered.
What’s on offer
In joining us, you’ll be well rewarded. On top of your wage paid directly into your bank account, subsidised food and accommodation, fare reimbursement you’ll have the full support of our friendly team. Our people are dedicated, passionate and their hard work is celebrated and recognised.
Your accommodation will be a single airconditioned room in the staff quarters with shared facilities (bathroom and laundry). Nutritious, wholesome and healthy meals and food will be provided in the station kitchen.
This is a physically demanding job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments.
This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 5 – 10 kilo’s and occasionally more. This job will require the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
Values of importance to CPC include Health and Safety, Leadership, Trust, Community and Value Creation. We hire staff from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of knowledge skills and abilities.