We are currently have a unique opportunity for a couple or single to join the team at Brunette Downs in two of our critical roles; Butcher & Domestic. Should you be interested in joining the crew, head to https://aaco.com.au/people-careers/working-with-aaco to read more or email your application to email@example.com!
About the business
The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
Brunette Downs is situated 350km north east of the nearest town, Tennant Creek. Mount Isa, Queensland, is 660km south east of Brunette Downs and is the Station’s main service town. The property comprises of mostly open downs country and is involved in the breeding and backgrounding of the companies Australian Composite.
In the role of Butcher, you will be a resilient, energetic and self-motivated individual, keen to get stuck in, get the job done and see the importance of and enjoy, working as part of a team.
As a stand-alone butcher you will work closely with our chef to break down, cut up and make small goods for the station’s consumption. Your work will vary, and you will have access to a variety of tools and equipment.
Having slaughter experience and/or a trade qualification is advantageous but not critical for this role. Experience working as a Butcher will be highly regarded. Reporting to management, you’ll play a key role in contributing to our positive team environment.
This role is also a key support to the station and you will be asked to conduct other tasks weekly such as rubbish runs, gardening maintenance, and various other tasks. The ideal candidate will be resilient, energetic and self-motivated.
• Breakdown, cut up and make small meat goods
• Carry out duties in a planned way – organising materials and equipment prior to commencing work
• Manage and maintain hygiene standards for your work area
• Work closely with the cook, so they can prepare exceptional meals for our station
• Operate equipment and machinery as required
• Support the station in various other tasks, such as rubbish runs, garden maintenance and other tasks as required
• Experience in a similar role preferred however not essential
• Ability to support and work towards safe work procedures
• Willingness to work and live remotely
• Ability to operate in a stand-alone Butcher role
Benefits and perks
• Accommodation and food included
• Active social club and communal lounge
• Onsite air-conditioned gym
Life on station – what can I expect?
• Annual Brunette races
• Camp drafts, rodeos and charity events
• King Ash Bay hosts some of the best fishing the NT can provide only a 5 hour drive north from the station
• Brunette owns a fishing boat for use by all staff on booking and one ski boat for the water hole that is a two minute walk from the homestead.
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org