The role of this position is to provide comprehensive information, direction and leadership to the Northern Territory Cattlemen’s Association (NTCA) Executive Committee to allow the Association to achieve its strategic goals. The Chief Executive Officer provides support in terms of the operations of the Association including high level professional support to the NTCA President and Executive Committee. The position is required to maintain and improve the current Strategic Plan, report to the Executive against the Strategic Plan and ensure all financial metrics are diligently scrutinised and accurately reported.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements for the Association and Trading Company
- Ensure compliance with the NTCA constitution and Annual General Meeting requirements
- Works with the Chairman to enable the Board to fulfil its governance functions and optimal performance
- Ensure the board is provided with timely and strategic information to assist in policy formation and focus on strategic issues
- Ensure Board agendas and meeting papers are distributed in a timely manner
- To implement the Executive Committee decisions
Policy & Planning
- Implement and continue to review the NTCA strategic plan and policies
- Brief the Executive Committee on strategic operational, government and industry matters
- Effectively advocate to all stakeholders within the public and private sectors for policy change to advance and protect NTCA members
- Strategically focus on long term industry issues and opportunities and respond in a proactive and timely manner
- Advance and protect the interests of cattle producers in the NT
- Ensure the effective support and assistance to members
- Maintain regular and effective communication with members on relevant industry and NTCA matters
- Ensure attendance and strategic agenda setting for quarterly branch meetings
- Identify and pursue potential new members
Administration and Enterprise Management
- Responsible for annual budget development and quarterly reporting against budget
- Maintain strong and deliberate focus on the Association and Trading company’s financial management, viability and long term sustainability
- Develop and implement sound financial practices and policies
- Develop strategies to grow the financial resources of the NTCA and where possible seek out appropriate and synergistic external project opportunities
- Actively manage the assets, plant and resources of the NTCA and NTCT
- Responsible for recruitment and staff management performance and duties in line with current and relevant employee legislation and regulations (7-10 staff)
- Ultimate responsibility for project management, implementation and acquittals
- Manage the day to day operation of the Association and Trading Company
Stakeholder Relations and Communications
- Represent and articulate the views of the Association policies and Executive Committee
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with media
- Maintain a positive and responsible public dialogue with members, industry, government and politicians
- Demonstrate industry leadership at all times
- Effectively communicate with sensitive and a high level of awareness in cross cultural and international settings
- Knowledge of the NT Cattle Industry
- Understanding of the major issues confronting the NT cattle industry
- Ability to maintain the industry profile as a key economic driver in the NT and Australian economies
- Demonstrated ability to be able to promote and protect the interest of the NT Cattle Industry
- Highly developed ability to negotiate and establish partnership relations with external providers within the cattle industry and key stakeholders within the Northern Territory Government and the Federal Government
- Demonstrated capacity to work professionally achieving business objectives, including an ability to work as a partner with other cattle industry stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to meet and correspond with International, Federal, State and Territory Ministers, Departmental Heads, Industry Leaders and Industry Groups.
- Demonstrated capacity to deal with and protect highly confidential information and be able to provide industry sensitive briefings to media on behalf of the Executive Committee and members.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to the cattle industry in the NT by facilitating the Executive Committees’ direction with government ministers and key departmental staff.
- Sound analytical skills including the ability to think conceptually as well as achieve practical outcomes.
Strategic and Operational planning
- Demonstrated ability to be able to monitor, review, update and implement NTCA strategic plans based on changing industry and association requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide accurate financial reporting to the Executive Committee.
- Demonstrated ability to manage Corporate Governance requirements of the Association and Trading Company.
- Demonstrated ability to source project funds and manage delivery of outcomes.
Human Resource Management
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of human resource management.
NTCA President Chris Nott
0428 569 766