About the business
The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
Eva Downs, is located approximately 300km north east from Tennant Creek and is set in the hub of the Northern Territory’s Barkly Tablelands on the historic Barkly Stock route. Eva Downs is involved in the breeding, backgrounding and trade of high-grade Brahman cross cattle, which are turned off predominantly for live export.
In the position of Cook at Eva Downs, you will showcase your ability to prepare nutritious meals for multiple people, with high attention to detail for stock ordering, excellent kitchen hygiene standards, a friendly and flexible approach and a strong work ethic. You will have excellent organisational skills and enjoy working in a remote environment with a close knit team.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform your job in a safe manner in line with AACo safety programs and procedures
- Keep a clean hygienic kitchen and dining room
- Prepare nutritious meals for between 13-20 station staff and visitors as required, in line with station meal times and schedules
- Ensure sufficient supply of lunch and morning tea meals are prepared and available for staff
- Ensure adequate variety and consideration of dietary requirements
- Prepare grocery lists, maintain adequate supplies, as well as complete meal planning and stores planning
- Assist with the packing of meat for the kitchen
- Maintain kitchen utensils in good order
- Previous experience in a similar role an advantage
- Experience at managing a kitchen and providing meals to schedule
- An understanding of dietary nutrition and food hygiene
- High level of organisational skills to plan meals
- Be prepared to live and work in a remote location
- A friendly and flexible approach and someone who likes to be part of a strong team
- Whilst majority of our accommodation is suited towards single employees, we have the ability to accommodate a couple should both individuals be able to fill required vacancies on station.
Benefits and perks
- Accommodation and meals included
- Internal transfer and development opportunities
- Team orientated environment and active social club
Life on station – what can I expect?
- Eva Downs is a geographically remote and isolated station, positioned 8 hours drive to Mt Isa, 9 hours to Darwin with 90km’s of dirt road to reach the property.
- Close network with other stations providing great opportunities for social events and functions.
- Having your own vehicle will provide independence whilst living on station, 4wd vehicles are preferable however full access for most vehicles isn’t an issue in the dry months.