About the business
The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
La Belle is located approximately 180km south west of Darwin and 90km west of Bachelor and is an aggregation of Labelle Downs and Welltree Station. La Belle is utilised for floodplain trading as it is strategically positioned to ensure continuity of supply to AACo’s Beef Processing Facility in Darwin through both wet and dry seasons.
In the position of Cook/Gardener/Domestic at La Belle, you will showcase your ability to prepare nutritious meals for a small team whilst also maintaining the sizeable gardens surrounding the homestead, kitchen and office areas. You will have a high attention to detail for stock ordering, excellent kitchen hygiene standards, a love for working outdoors in a tropical environment and a friendly and flexible approach with a strong work ethic.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Keep a clean hygienic kitchen, cold room and dining room
- To ensure nutritious meals are prepared for station staff as required (5 – 25+)
- Prepare and serve breakfast and dinner.
- Ensure fridges are stocked with lunch supplies and smoko containers are full as staff self-serve those meals.
- Meal planning and stores planning
- Prepare grocery lists and maintain adequate supplies
- Maintain kitchen utensils in good order
- Will be required to pick up stores from Darwin fortnightly
- Mow and water lawn areas within the station complex
- Maintain gardens (pruning, weeding, mulching, watering, spraying)
- Prepare and apply garden chemicals according to directions
- Perform routine maintenance as required and report any major repair needs
- General accommodation cleaning
- Preparing rooms for visitors when required
- Stripping, washing and remaking beds post visitors
- Current Drivers Licence, HR additionally would be useful
- Previous experience in a similar role an advantage
- Experience at managing a kitchen and providing meals to schedule
- An understanding of dietary nutrition and food hygiene
- High level of organisation skills to organise daily/weekly work schedule
- Be prepared to live and work in a remote location
Benefits and perks
- Accommodation and meals included
- Internal transfer and development opportunities
- Team orientated environment and active social club
Life on station – what can I expect?
- Collaborative team environment
- Single Air-conditioned accommodation and board provided
- Competitive remuneration
- Development, training and transfer opportunities