About the business
The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
Eva Downs, is located approximately 300km north east from Tennant Creek and is set in the hub of the Northern Territory’s Barkly Tablelands on the historic Barkly Stock route. Eva Downs is involved in the breeding, backgrounding and trade of high-grade Brahman cross cattle, which are turned off predominantly for live export.
In the position of Domestic / Gardener at Eva Downs, you hold a critical role in maintaining the overall presentation of the homestead grounds as well as the cleanliness of the stations living quarters, ensuring staff and visitors have an excellent experience throughout their stay. Whilst majority of your day will be aligned to gardening and domestic tasks, you may also be required to assist the Cook, unpack stores, ensure the Social Club is stocked and further admin duties aligned to your abilities.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a good command of the English language, as well as experience in domestic and gardening duties. Attention to detail will be a plus, as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Mow and water lawn areas within the station complex
- Maintain gardens (pruning, weeding, mulching, watering)
- Prepare and apply garden chemicals according to directions
- Perform routine maintenance as required and report any major repair needs
- General cleaning
- Preparing rooms for guests when required
- Washing linen and making beds for guests
- Current Drivers Licence
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred but not essential
- High level of organisation skills to organise daily/weekly work schedule
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Entry level candidates and those with eligible visa’s are encouraged to apply
- Whilst majority of our accommodation is suited towards single employees, we have the ability to accommodate a couple should both individuals be able to fill required vacancies on station.
Benefits and perks
- Accommodation and meals included
- Internal transfer and development opportunities
- Team orientated environment and active social club
Life on station – what can I expect?
- Eva Downs is a geographically remote and isolated station, positioned 8 hours drive to Mt Isa, 9 hours to Darwin with 90km’s of dirt road to reach the property.
- Close network with other stations providing great opportunities for social events and functions.
- Having your own vehicle will provide independence whilst living on station, 4wd vehicles are preferable however full access for most vehicles isn’t an issue in the dry months.