Dampier Downs Station is currently recruiting for one station hand for the 2022 season. We are a family-owned cattle station 3 1/2 hours from Broome, Western Australia. Anticipated start date is early April and the position is expected to run until late September/early October.
Experience is not required but applicants must have a positive, can-do approach to life, a genuine willingness to contribute to the team and a real interest in agriculture.
What we offer:
- Full training in a wide variety of station duties
- Air conditioned, en-suite accommodation (single only)
- Work/life balance – 4 consecutive days off every fortnight
- Management team committed to developing your skills and abilities
- Competitive wages commensurate with award
What we are looking for (essential criteria):
- The legal right to work in Australia
- Physically fit
- Strong work ethic
- Manual driver’s license
- Ability to pass a drug test
- A genuine interest agriculture
- Work history that includes full-time hours (any industry)
If you are practical, have a can-do attitude, genuinely like animals, are able to work as part of a small team and are interested in experiencing all that comes with living and working on a remote cattle station, this could be the opportunity for you. Please note, there is no horse work involved and we have a strict no dog policy.
Full terms and conditions will be provided upon application. If you meet all the essential criteria and would like to apply, please send a copy of your current resume (CV) and contact details of previous employers.