We seek an experienced Gardener/Cleaner to join our operations on a full-time basis at Willeroo Station, NT.
Willeroo Station runs approximately 20,000 head of Brahman cattle and features a modern homestead complex. Cattle are coacher mustered predominantly using horses, as strong emphasis is placed on low stress stock handling principles. Willeroo is a unique property with a colourful history, that abounds in beautiful birdlife, scenic countryside and sunrises and sunsets that take your breath away. The nearest town is Katherine.
About the role
Reporting to the Station Manager, this role is responsible for undertaking various gardening duties including maintaining large, well-established station gardens, along with the general cleaning, tidiness and maintenance of the station’s buildings, guest accommodation and communal facilities.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Practical experience in gardening and/or horticulture activities including planting, pruning, trimming, weeding, fertilising, mulching, mowing and watering
- A strong work ethic and commitment to working safely
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace
- Hold a current Class C Drivers Licence
- Chemical User’s Accreditation (desirable)
- A genuine passion for agriculture.
What we offer you:
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team and community environment.
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
To apply for this special job experience, please email your current resume with referees to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting SK-WIL-GC-2021
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.