About the business
The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
Headingly Station, near Urandangie, is located in the North Queensland region, 200km south west of Mount Isa and 35km from Urandangie. The property is a breeding station producing cattle for AACo’s Wagyu brands. Headingly Station is situated on the Georgina River and comprises mainly open black soil downs country with areas of timbered country (mainly Gidyea) scattered throughout.
In this important role your main priority will be providing education support and tutoring to 1 prep aged child however you will also assist in manage the daily routines of the children on station when required, and will always conduct your duties whilst creating a child safe and nurturing environment. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating and working with the Prep teacher of Mt Isa School of The Air.
- Establishing a clear and confidential line of communication with the parents.
- Delivering the provided content to a Prep student
- Keeping a neat and orderly school room.
- Travelling to Mt Isa for school events.
- Ensuring school work is posted or emailed back to the relevant teacher.
Additional requirements of this role may include;
- Occasional minding of both children including some late afternoon finishes and school holiday supervision
- Helping with the station Social Club including counting till daily & restacking fridges
- Occasional domestic duties including making up of guest rooms & gardening jobs as needed
- Occasional relief cooking for station, this would be on weekends & during school holidays as needed
- A Queensland working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- Experience with tutoring distance education classes an advantage.
- Own vehicle is an advantage
- Able to be flexible and work with change
- Patience and understand of the child’s ability
- Kind and happy personality with the ability to fit into a small close knit team environment
- Resourceful approach
Benefits and perks
- Private accommodation, Wi-Fi and meals included
- Internal transfer and development opportunities
- Team orientated environment and active social club
Life on station – what can I expect
- Collaborative team environment
- Air-conditioned accommodation and board provided
- Competitive remuneration
- Development, training and transfer opportunities
To apply, email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org