As the Governess your role will be responsible for providing educational support and supervision of children attending a Home School Program. Also, you will be required to undertake general station duties as further outlined within the key responsibilities.
You will contribute to the success of AACo by providing support to the Station Operations Officer in ensuring children on station are educated and cared for in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Communicating and working with parents, and completing proof of learning scrapbooks for each child
- Establishing a clear and confidential line of communication with the parents.
- Delivering the provided content to a Prep student.
- Keeping a neat and orderly school room.
- Ensuring school work is posted or emailed back to the relevant teacher.
- Occasional minding of both children including some late afternoon finishes and school holiday supervision.
- Helping with the station Social Club including counting till daily and restacking fridges.
- Occasional domestic duties including making up of guest rooms and gardening jobs as needed.
- Occasional relief cooking for station, this would be on weekends and during school holidays as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Organisational skills to deal with changing priorities and ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Appreciation of children development
- Demonstrated competency in all tasks reasonably required of a Governess
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Mature and rationale approach to problem solving
Skills and Experience:
- Certificate of Education or equivalent (preferred) and at least 1+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Current Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card, QLD or Orchid Card, NT)
- Experience with caring for children
- Computer literate
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Resourceful approach with ability to understand child’s learning needs