About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, is seeking to appoint a full-time Homestead Maintenance/Gardener Person to join the dynamic team at Brunchilly Station, Northern Territory.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the country’s largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, “happy healthy cattle are the best cattle”. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the property
Brunchilly Station spans over 4,500 km2 and has an average carrying capacity of 24,000 head of cattle. Expansive gardens and lawns surround the station complex, which includes a swimming pool and social club. Brunchilly prides itself on providing a workplace that encourages personal growth, in a friendly and supportive team-based environment. Team Members undertake various training conducted by industry professionals, ensuring everyone receives the best opportunity to further their career in the industry. Throughout the year, mustering operations and general station work intertwines with social events across the Northern Territory. Tennent Creek is the nearest township.
About the role
As the Homestead Maintenance/Gardener, you will be responsible for maintaining large, well-established station gardens, the general upkeep, tidiness and maintenance of the station’s buildings, accommodation and communal facilities, and maintenance of a swimming pool.
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Practical experience in gardening activities, including planting, pruning, trimming, weeding, fertilising, mulching, mowing and watering
- Self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Good communication, organisational and time management skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to comprehend operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Hold a valid Driver’s Licence
- Chemical User’s Accreditation (desirable)
- Other trade-related skills such as painting, carpentry (desirable)
- A genuine passion for agriculture and appreciation for remote rural living.
What we offer you
- Competitive remuneration
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Training and development opportunities
- Great team culture and supportive environment
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
To apply for this special job experience, please email your current resume with referees to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting HT-BRU-GDN-2021.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position. This role does not qualify for obtaining a second year Working Holiday Visa.