We are Consolidated Pastoral Company (CPC) an Australian based beef producer which owns and operates a portfolio of cattle stations across Northern Australia.
We are looking for people to join CPC with a proactive, positive and can-do attitude and contribute to an industry that’s the cornerstone of our country’s economy. And you’d be having a pretty good time doing it, too. CPC hires staff from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of knowledge, skills and abilities.
You will embrace the chance to learn and grow with CPC with your key duties and tasks:
- Work with the Station Manager to provide supervision and training direction to the station hands across all livestock program activities (mustering, drafting, processing and trucking).
- Low stress livestock handling techniques and promote and manage best practice animal welfare for our animals
- Experience mustering on horse back and on a two wheel motorbike
- Motor Vehicle and machinery operation (manual vehicles) and pre start checks
- Fence maintenance – straining fences, welding and general repairs
- Assist with vehicle and machinery maintenance and repairs (changing tyres)
- Checking stock watering points and maintaining water facilities and pipelines
- Assist with cattle numbers and maintaining livestock records
What you will need
- A genuine interest in working and living on a remote cattle station
- Looking to step up into an energetic role
- Horse riding and handling ability
- Proven skills in cattle handling, processing and mustering
- Ability to muster with a two wheel motorbike
- Current and valid drivers licence (manual)
Experienced Station Hands who are looking to step up are welcome to apply for this role as training and mentoring will be offered.
What’s on offer
In joining us, you’ll be well rewarded. On top of your wage paid directly into your bank account, subsidised food and accommodation, fare reimbursement, saddle and tool allowances, you’ll have the full support of our friendly team. Our people are dedicated, passionate and their hard work is celebrated and recognised.
Your accommodation will be a single airconditioned room in the staff quarters with shared facilities (bathroom and laundry). Nutritious, wholesome and healthy meals and food will be provided in the station kitchen. Many of our team “camp out” with their stock camp when away from the station. They have a stock camp cook who looks after the crew and at the end of the day, roll out their swags and camp under the stars where the horizon stretches for miles and the stars are brilliant. And as far as your career’s concerned, the opportunities are endless.
This is a physically demanding job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments.
This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 10-20 kilo’s and occasionally more. This job will require the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
Values of importance to CPC include Health and Safety, Leadership, Trust, Community and Value Creation. We hire staff from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of knowledge skills and abilities.