LEADING HAND | WATERLOO STATION | VICTORIA RIVER DISTRICT, NT
With the mustering team complete, Waterloo Station is seeking a Leading Hand for the 2021 season.
We are located on the Duncan Highway NT, 150km from the East Kimberley major tourist destination, Kununurra. Enjoy the surrounding Kimberley tourist destinations on your days off and get involved in the rodeos and campdrafts in the area throughout the year.
Waterloo Station encompasses 1895 sq. km in the Victoria River District which runs up to 25,000 head.
Remuneration & Experience: Previous experience and expertise in the Northern Pastoral Industry will be highly regarded, remuneration will be based upon experience.
Start Date: Immediate
Job Type: Full Time
- Duties & responsibilities:
- Leadership potential – ability to supervise, delegate and run a small, but high performing station crew
- Excellent horsemanship & livestock handling knowledge, ability and skill/ Motorbike experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, reporting to the Station Manager and Head Stockperson on a regular basis.
- Mustering, drafting, trucking of cattle
- Commitment to highest standards of animal health and welfare
- Understanding of workplace safety, hazards & risks
- Fitness to safely undertake the physical aspects of station work
- Sound judgement & problem solving
- Basic computer literacy
- Feed supplement distribution
- Chemical handling
- General station maintenance with a continual clean and tidy manner
MORE INFO/ APPLY: https://www.rfttejobs.com/leading-hand-waterloo-station