About the business
The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
Montejinni Station is located in the Victoria River District, 15km south west of Top Springs, 320km south west of Katherine and 640km south of Darwin. The property is a breeding station running predominantly Brahman cattle.
Duties & responsibilities
As a Machinery Operator & Mechanic, your role is to contribute to the success of the Station through the operation of machinery and truck driving. No two days will be the same and your work will vary.
This role reports to the Station Manager at Montejinni and you’ll be a proactive and positive member of the crew.
Your role is key to the success of the business. On any given day this could include, but is not limited to:
- Maintenance and servicing of a variety of vehicles and machinery including Toyotas, Grader & Loader
- Operating the stations grader to maintain roads, fence lines and fire breaks
- Driving and operating a prime mover and hydraulic 40 ft. trailer
- Perform your job in a safe manner in line with AACo safety programs and procedures
- Take responsibility for your safe work behaviour
- Assisting elsewhere on the property if required
- Mechanical experience
- Must have a HC or MC or be prepared to upskill to one
- Experience working on a cattle station is preferred
- Machinery experience preferred
- Be able to work unsupervised, and to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to organise a daily/weekly work schedule
Benefits and perks
- Accommodation and food included
- Active social club and communal lounge
- Local fishing nearby