About the business
The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
Eva Downs, is located approximately 300km north east from Tennant Creek and is set in the hub of the Northern Territory’s Barkly Tablelands on the historic Barkly Stock route. Eva Downs is involved in the breeding, backgrounding and trade of high-grade Brahman cross cattle, which are turned off predominantly for live export.
In the position of Machinery Operator at Eva Downs, your primary focus will be as a Grader Operator and you will enjoy living and working in a remote role and your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Grader – Maintain station roads, fire breaks using the grading guidelines
- Carry out grader maintenance
- Operate loader/Supplement Truck
- Conduct general property observations
- Carry out grader/loader maintenance
- Monitor fuel and oil usage
- Monitor spare part usage
- Follow the general guidelines when operating grader
- Maintain a clean and hygienic work environment
- Previous experience operating a Grader is an advantage
- Appropriate licences to operate the machinery required
- A friendly and flexible approach and someone who likes to be part of a strong team
- Good communication and time management skills
- Whilst majority of our accommodation is suited towards single employees, we have the ability to accommodate a couple should both individuals be able to fill required vacancies on station.
Benefits and perks
- Accommodation and meals included
- Internal transfer and development opportunities
- Team orientated environment and active social club
Life on station – what can I expect?
- Eva Downs is a geographically remote and isolated station, positioned 8 hours drive to Mt Isa, 9 hours to Darwin with 90km’s of dirt road to reach the property.
- Close network with other stations providing great opportunities for social events and functions.
- Having your own vehicle will provide independence whilst living on station, 4wd vehicles are preferable however full access for most vehicles isn’t an issue in the dry months.