About the business
The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
Brunette Downs is situated 350km north east of the nearest town, Tennant Creek. Mount Isa, Queensland, is 660km south east of Brunette Downs and is the Station’s main service town. The property comprises of mostly open downs country and is involved in the breeding and backgrounding of the companies Australian Composite.
Duties & responsibilities
As our Office Co-Ordinator you will be a core member of the operational team responsible for running the station office. This role will be accountable for the administration requirements of the business unit and contribute to the success of AACo through meeting the monthly financial deadlines along with the smooth running of the office.
You’ll be passionate in your role as Office Manager to work alongside the Assistant Manager and Station Manager to create a team environment for your business unit to succeed. On any given day duties aligned to this role could include, but are not limited to:
• Key areas of focus will include health and safety along with first aid management
• Drive and develop the administration requirements of the business
• Work with your people to induct, coordinate training and maintain their personnel details along with all payroll requirements.
• Work with finance to pay and process invoices on time to meet budget requirements
• Maintain a high standard of presentation of the homestead and surrounds.
• Provide hospitality to guests, visitors or training groups
• Certificate IV in Business Administration
• High level organisational and task management skills
• Extensive experience in a similar role, preferably within a remote environment
• High level of computer skills
• Excellent communication skills
Benefits and perks
• Accommodation and food included
• Active social club and communal lounge
• Onsite air-conditioned gym
Life on station – what can I expect?
• Meet and Greet Parties
• Annual Brunette Downs races as well as local race events Tennant Creek, Camooweal, Mount Isa and Kathrine.
• Camp drafts, Rodeos and charity events
• Annual state V State football match
• King Ash Bay hosts some of the best fishing the NT can provide and is only a drive north from the station
• Brunette owns two fishing boats for use by all staff on booking and one ski boat for the water hole that is a two minute walk from the homestead.
Please direct any queries relating to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications closing 12 February 2021.