North Star Pastoral are seeking a cook to join the team at Maryfield Station.
Ideally located just 45km from the famed Daly Waters Historic Pub and encompassing a 10,000 head Export & Abattoir Preparation Facility, Maryfield Station is a special place to work.
Start Date: Immediate
Job Type: Full time, couples will be considered.
Remuneration: Negotiable day rate, depending on experience. All food and board included.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of nutritious, tasty meals for staff and visitors daily. This includes hot smoko and dinner and preparation of food for staff to prepare/pack their own Breakfast and Lunch.
- Preparation of menus and grocery lists.
- Maintaining a happy, hygienic kitchen and dining area.
- Cleaning of kitchen and dining areas as well as other shared areas where required.
- Maintaining stores areas, ensuring they are clean, well-stocked and utilised efficiently.
- Assisting Admin and Management with Social Club duties such as stores stock take.
- Some light gardening and mowing
- Other general ad-hoc duties as required.
Successful applicant will:
- Be positive and easy going
- Have experience with remote work- or live-in positions
- Be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Have prior experience menu planning and cooking for group
- An above award daily rate
- Air conditioned double room with own living area (Couples will be considered)
- Being part of a passionate team of people from all walks of life
- Station is 2WD accessible year-round