We seek an experienced and suitably qualified Diesel Mechanic to join our operations at Inverway Station, NT.
Inverway and Riveren stations are located in the Victoria River District of the Northern Territory, the nearest town is Katherine. Inverway and Riveren run a herd of 35,000 head that are mustered using horses, motorbikes and helicopters.
Reporting to the Station Manager, your key duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Establishing and maintaining the maintenance program for all station vehicles, plant and machinery
- Implementing the maintenance program and carrying out repairs
- Managing the spare parts inventory, including ordering of parts and equipment as required
- Maintaining an efficient and safe workshop.
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Relevant qualifications and experience working as a Diesel Mechanic
- A strong work ethic and commitment to working safely
- High level of organisation skills to co-ordinate a daily and weekly work schedule
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace
- Hold a current Class C driver’s Licence (truck licence an advantage, or be willing to obtain)
- A genuine passion for agriculture.
What we offer you
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team & community environment.
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
To apply for this special job experience, please email your current resume with referees to email@example.com quoting SK-INV-DM-21
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.