About the business
The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
Brunette Downs is situated 350km north east of the nearest town, Tennant Creek. Mount Isa, Queensland, is 660km south east of Brunette Downs and is the Station’s main service town. The property comprises of mostly open downs country and is involved in the breeding and backgrounding of the companies Australian Composite.
Duties & responsibilities
Your role is key to the success of the business. On any given day this could include, but is not limited to:
- Carry out cattle husbandry duties – handle, draft, muster, treat and truck cattle in accordance with internal procedures
- Carry out duties in a planned way – following work schedules, organising materials and equipment prior to commencing work
- Operate machinery as required
- Manage horses and plant maintaining AACo animal welfare and WHS standards at all times.
Experience in the below is an advantage although NOT a requirement, however the right attitude and willingness to learn is:
- Sound knowledge of procedures, initiates & completes operational tasks that contribute to the team.
- Demonstrated cattlemanship
- Competent in processing cattle
- Ability to support and work towards safe work procedures
- Willingness to learn new systems (StockMate)
- Demonstrated horsemanship
- Motorbike skills & maintenance are advantageous
- Maintenance skills (welding & fencing) is preferred
Benefits and perks
- Accommodation and food included
- Active social club and communal lounge
- Onsite air-conditioned gym
Life on station – what can I expect?
- Meet and Greet Parties
- Annual Brunette Downs races as well as local race events Tennant Creek, Camooweal, Mount Isa and Kathrine.
- Camp drafts, Rodeos and charity events
- Annual state V State football match
- King Ash Bay hosts some of the best fishing the NT can provide and is only a drive north from the station
- Brunette owns two fishing boats for use by all staff on booking and one ski boat for the water hole that is a two minute walk from the homestead.
Applications – send you current resume to; email@example.com