About the business
The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
Glentana is situated 100km west of Springsure in the Buckland Plateau area. It has undergone an extensive program of development, pasture sowing, water storage and fencing of formerly Brigalow timbered land on fertile soils.
Duties & responsibilities
Your role is key to the success of the business. On any given day this could include, but is not limited to:
• Carry out cattle husbandry duties – handle, draft, muster, treat and truck cattle in accordance with internal procedures
• Carry out duties in a planned way – following work schedules, organising materials and equipment prior to commencing work
• Operate machinery as required
• Manage horses and plant maintaining AACo animal welfare and WHS standards at all times.
Experience in the below is an advantage although NOT a requirement, however the right attitude and willingness to learn is:
• Sound knowledge of procedures, initiates & completes operational tasks that contribute to the team.
• Demonstrated cattlemanship
• Competent in processing cattle
• Ability to support and work towards safe work procedures
• Willingness to learn new systems (StockMate)
• Demonstrated horsemanship
• Motorbike skills & maintenance are advantageous
• Maintenance skills (welding & fencing) is preferred
Benefits and perks
• Airconditioned accommodation
• WiFi access
• Development, training and transfer opportunities
• Annual participation in the AACo Employee Challenge