- Competitive Remuneration
- Air-Conditioned Accommodation
- Prepared meals in the station kitchen
- Development and Training
- Transfer Opportunities at the end of each season
About the business
The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
South Galway is located in the heart of Channel Country, 400km south west of Longreach or 1,300km north west of Brisbane by road. Situated on Coopers Creek, it is a part of what is regarded as some of the best natural fattening country in the world. The property is a growing out station, backgrounding cattle for AACo’s beef brands.
Duties & responsibilities
Your role is key to the success of the business. On any given day this could include, but is not limited to:
- Carry out cattle husbandry duties – handle, draft, muster, treat and truck cattle in accordance with internal procedures
- Carry out duties in a planned way – following work schedules, organising materials and equipment prior to commencing work
- Operate machinery as required
- Manage horses and plant maintaining AACo animal welfare and WHS standards at all times.
- Sound knowledge of procedures, initiates & completes operational tasks that contribute to the team.
- Demonstrated cattlemanship
- Competent in processing cattle
- Ability to support and work towards safe work procedures
- Willingness to learn new systems (StockMate)
- Demonstrated horsemanship
- Motorbike skills & maintenance are advantageous
- Maintenance skills (welding & fencing) is preferred
To apply, email your application to: email@example.com