Gilknockie Station is a beef cattle enterprise situated in out of Katherine in the Northern Territory.
We are seeking two motivated individuals to fill two station hand vacancies.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Handle and work with livestock in a calm and efficient manner,
- Animal husbandry, monitor animal health and report any concerns,
- Feeding livestock,
- Muster and move livestock *using motorbikes – no horses worked*,
- Clean and perform (minor) service of water troughs,
- Identify weeds and remove, or inform management of their location,
- Carry out visual checks on bores, troughs, pipelines, fences etc and perform minor repairs,
- Carry out basic repair and general maintenance of plant and equipment,
- Perform daily routine checks, adjustments and maintenance of station vehicles,
- Manage and maintain all fences for the control of livestock,
- Construct fence lines,
- Repair cattle yards,
- Transport, handle and store chemicals applicable to primary work area,
- Be prepared to take on relevant training,
- Undertake other duties as directed.
Meals and self contained, airconditioned accommodation provided, with award wages.
If you are a self-motivated individual who has a passion for agriculture to apply now!