Brigodoon Cattle Company Pty Ltd is a family owned and operated business with multiple properties across Queensland and the Northern Territory. Cattle are bred near Alice Springs and Boulia, backgrounded at Jundah and Yaraka, and are finished at Taroom through the family feedlot or on crops.
Tarlton Downs Station is located on the Plenty Highway, Northern Territory, approximately 450km east of Alice Springs and 420km SW of Mt Isa. The 750,000 acre property is a mix of gidgee, buffel grass, sandhill and spinifex country. The 5000 breeders are predominantly Santa Gertrudis. There are 25 bores and 14 sets of yards in use.
The successful applicants would be expected to work with the Tarlton Downs Station manager. General duties include bore runs and water maintenance, fencing, machinery work, yard work, maintaining the health and welfare of livestock, mustering and other day to day station tasks.
Ideally this role would be suited to a young couple or junior station hands wanting to work within a family environment.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work within a team and individually
- Must be honest and motivated with a desire to learn new skills
- An interest to live in a remote area
- Car license
What we offer
- A day rate with holiday pay and superannuation
- Comfortable quarters with air conditioning
- Full board and keep including food, phone, internet and power
- Flexible and supportive working conditions
For further information or to submit a resume with two references, please contact Leo Neill-Ballentine on (08) 8956 6305 or email@example.com