About the business
The Australian Agricultural Company has been passionately perfecting the Art of Australian Beef since 1824. It’s what we do. Not only are we the oldest continuously operating company in Australia, but also the largest producer of beef, with the ability to deliver consistently at scale. We combine generations of farming heritage with stewardship over some of the world’s finest cattle country and the most advanced, innovative technologies available to deliver premium beef to the world’s most discerning consumers.
Brunette Downs is situated 350km north east of the nearest town, Tennant Creek. Mount Isa, Queensland, is 660km south east of Brunette Downs and is the Station’s main service town. The property comprises of mostly open downs country and is involved in the breeding and backgrounding of the companies Australian Composite.
Duties & responsibilities
As a Lick Truck Driver, your role is to contribute to the success of the Station through the operation of machinery and truck driving. No two days will be the same and your work will vary across our large property. You’ll be a proactive and positive member of the crew.
Your role is key to the success of the business. On any given day this could include, but is not limited to:
- Driving and operating a prime mover and hydraulic 40 ft. trailer
- Feeding out supplement on the Barkly properties
- Perform your job in a safe manner in line with AACo safety programs and procedures
- Assisting elsewhere on the property if required
- Must have a HC or MC license
- Experience working on a cattle station is preferred
- Machinery experience preferred
- Be able to work unsupervised, and to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to organise a daily/weekly work schedule
Benefits and perks
- Accommodation and food included
- Active social club and communal lounge
- Onsite air-conditioned gym
Life on station – what can I expect?
- Annual Brunette races
- Camp drafts, rodeos and charity events
- Annual football match
- King Ash Bay hosts some of the best fishing the NT can provide only a 5 hour drive north from the station
- Brunette owns two fishing boats for use by all staff on booking and one ski boat for the water hole that is a two minute walk from the homestead.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the careers page on our website!