Lean red meat plays an important role in a healthy, balanced diet and is recommended in the Australian Dietary Guidelines.
- 800g beef oyster blade steak, excess fat trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 400g can peeled tomatoes, lightly crushed
- 2 tbsp oregano leaves + extra, finely chopped, to serve
- Steamed baby chat potatoes, baby spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°fan-forced). Heat oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned.
- Add orange zest and juice, honey, mustard, stock, tomatoes and oregano. Bring to the boil, cover with lid and place in oven. Cook for 1 ½ – 1 ¾ hours or until beef is tender and falling apart. Season to taste.
- Serve beef with sauce, potatoes, baby spinach, tomatoes and extra oregano.
- Chuck or gravy beef would also work well in this recipe.
- Add star anise, a cinnamon quill or dried chilli for extra flavour.
- Serve with mash, rice or quinoa for a delicious weeknight dinner.